[Eeglablist] 64 Bit EEGLAB / 64 Bit Matlab / 64 Bit Linux

Alexander J Annala, PhD alexander.annala at cleveland.edu
Sun Aug 9 17:33:54 PDT 2009

This may be a bit of a naive question - but it seems to me - perhaps
due to 32 bit MATLAB limitations - running on WINDOWS XP 32 bit
version - that I can only load and process about 10 minutes at a time
of EEG continuously recorded for an hour across 80 to 120 channels
digitized at 1000 Hz on our NeuroScan NuAmps amplifiers.

Would acquiring and installing 64 Bit Matlab to run on 64 Bit Linux
provide us with a 64 Bit EEGLAB environment that would overcome this
limitation - enabling us to process a full hour or perhaps a bit more
or less than an hour of EEG acquired at this rate?  If so, does anyone
know which 64 Bit Linux distribution works best - or at least works
well - with EEGLAB 6 and/or 7?

Very Kind Regards,

Alexander J Annala, PhD
Associate Professor of Medical Physiology
Director of EEG Systems Research Laboratory