[Eeglablist] 64 Bit EEGLAB / 64 Bit Matlab / 64 Bit Linux

Philip Michael Zeman pzeman at alumni.uvic.ca
Mon Aug 10 10:34:46 PDT 2009

Hi Alexander

To answer your question very simply: "yes". Get a 64-bit machine and a
64-bit OS.

All you need is a 64-bit operating system so that you can address a very
large memory space.  I'm running Windows Vista (which has proven to be very
stable with Matlab 7) and I can process 6 gigabytes of EEG data.  I have 8
gigabytes of RAM installed.  When my memory requirements exceed the 8 gig
space, the OS seems to allow me to access disk swap space (when this happens
things slow down, but I am still able to process data).

Regards,

Philip Michael Zeman
pzeman at alumni.uvic.ca