[Eeglablist] Importing EGI RAW - EEGLAB out of memory error

Peter Goodin PGOODIN at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Sun Aug 9 22:17:12 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to import EGI RAW files (~200Mb each) into EEGLAB but continually get an out of memory error. The system I'm using has about 1.5gig DDR RAM. I've tried using the standard option that comes with the program, as well as Biosig but each time the same error comes up. I would try using FileIO, but when executed the program comes back with multiple errors saying that files are named the same as MATLAB core files and should be renamed, then not running.

My questions are, can this problem be overcome by installing MATLAB / EEGLAB onto a system with more RAM, or is some reconfiguring required? If some reconfiguring is required, how would I go about it?  Would FileIO be able to overcome this out of memory error? If yes, how can do I get around the rename error?

Thanks,

Peter Goodin