[Eeglablist] 64 Bit EEGLAB / 64 Bit Matlab / 64 Bit Linux

Grega Repovs grega.repovs at psy.ff.uni-lj.si
Mon Aug 10 13:59:42 PDT 2009

Dear Arno and Alexander,

Just to chip in my own experience. There are two versions of 64-bit
Matlab for Mac OS X available, a 64-bit beta of Matlab 7.8 (R2009a)
and a prerelease of 7.9 (2009b). Both work well and can be run in
parallel with 32-bit versions on the same computer. Given enough RAM
(there is 16GB on a dedicated server we're using, but it worked with
6GB just as well) I had no problems with opening and working with very
large datasets - e.g. about 2h of 128 channel recording at 500Hz
sampling rate. Based on my experience I can certainly recommend such a
solution.

All the best,

Grega Repovš