[Eeglablist] Out of Memory Error on EDF Import (25 channels, 400 Hz)

Jared Saletin jsaletin at berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 5 18:45:18 PDT 2009

Hi there,

My name is Jared Saletin. I'm a grad student at UC Berkeley, still
learning EEGLab. I was wondering if someone may be able to help me
with a memory problem. We are trying to read in EDFs of sleep EEG
including 25 channels sampled at 400 Hz, recorded for about 120
minutes. The EDFs are about 200 mb in size.

We are  receiving out of memory errors despite having 4 gb of RAM in
the systems.

Should this not be enough memory for such a dataset? I'm more
concerned because some of our sleep recordings are 4 times that length.

I'd appreciate any thoughts you all may have. Thanks so much!

Cheers,
Jared