[Eeglablist] isolating a CNV with ICA

Keith Yoder kjyoder at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 10:01:43 PDT 2009

Hi all,
Our group has EEG time-series data collected with a BioSemi ActiveTwo
128-electrode cap.  Our paradigm includes a Go-NoGo, with an alerting
stimulus (S1) preceding the presentation of the Go-NoGo stimulus (S2).  S1
and S2 are separated by 3 seconds.  When we examine ERPs from single
electrodes, we observe a typical contingent negative variation (CNV).
 However, when we run ICA (runica), none of the components isolate the CNV.
 We've tried highpass filtering at 0.5hz (obviously to high), 0.01hz and
without any highpass filtering, all without success.  Has anyone else run
into a similar problem?  Does anyone have any additional advice for
isolating a CNV with ICA?
Thanks,
Keith Yoder
--