[Eeglablist] Regarding Simultaneous fMRI-EEG Data

Makoto Miyakoshi mataothefifth at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Sep 10 23:25:31 PDT 2009

Dear Deepali,

The three steps you told me is the same.
Please check the following things:

1.Do you synchronize the MRI with the EEG recorder? Do you see 'sync on'
markers?
2.Do you use appropriate dynamic range and filter for recording signals?

Another thing which I believe important but not validated yet is the
placement of the EEG recorder. The following thing is not validated
officially, to please read it with caution. In the product manual, it is
recommended that you should sit it on the bore, but I found that EPI scan
shakes it terribly. You can easily confirm it by touching it while you run
EPI scan. Hold it in your hand in the air without touching the inner wall
and you still feels the vibration exactly in the same way. Believe it or
not, I had been falling the simultaneous recording more than 15 times, but
finally obtained good data just recently after removing the EEG recorder
out of the bore.

Makoto