[Eeglablist] Advice on artifact rejection

Manuel Sebastián msebastian at bec.uned.es
Sat Nov 14 12:24:30 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm having some problems while trying to find clean components using EEGLAB,
and I would appreciate some advice from the advanced users. Since I'm
working with EEG data (32 channels) which includes a lot of
non-stereotypical artifacts (ocular movements), ICA maps only show ICs
related to ocular activity for some subjects. I usually run ICA after
rejecting bad epochs by visual inspection, and then remove artifactual
components using ICs maps. I wonder if maybe removing ocular artifacts using
regression with AAR plugin and then remove HEOG and VEOG channels before
using ICA is a better strategy. Any suggestions are welcome...

Thank you!

--
Manuel Sebastián Carrasco
Dpto. Psicología Básica II