[Eeglablist] 2010 ERP Boot Camp Announcement

Emily Kappenman eskappenman at ucdavis.edu
Mon Dec 7 15:37:56 PST 2009

The UC-Davis ERP Boot Camp, an NIH-funded summer workshop on the ERP
technique, will be held July 12-21 2010. (For additional information, see
www.ERPinfo.org/the-erp-bootcamp).

The ERP Boot Camp is a 10-day introduction to the ERP technique held each
summer at UC Davis. It is intended for beginning and intermediate ERP
researchers, and for both basic scientists and clinical/translational
researchers.

 The topics will include:

1) Where do ERPs come from? What do they mean?

2) ERP components

3) The design and interpretation of ERP experiments

4) EEG data acquisition

5) Filtering, artifact rejection, and artifact correction

6) Measuring and analyzing ERP components

7) ERP localization

8) Setting up and running an ERP lab

The Boot Camp consists of lectures on these topics, structured discussions,
individual consultations, and a substantial laboratory component.  It is led
by Steve Luck, and the faculty includes many distinguished ERP researchers
from UC Davis and other universities.

Participants at previous Boot Camps have come from around the world and have
ranged from beginning graduate students to full professors. They have
included psychologists, neuroscientists, psychiatrists, neurologists, and
speech pathologists. Typically, we expect that students and postdocs should
have had at least 6 months of significant ERP (or related) experience before
attending the Boot Camp.

We strongly encourage the participation of individuals from underrepresented
groups.

Funding is available from NIMH to defray some or all of the costs of
attending the Boot Camp, and scholarships will be provided to all
participants who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.  Scholarships may
also be provided to some international participants, but this is not
guaranteed. We typically accept 25-28 U.S. citizens and permanent residents,
along with 2-5 international participants.

The application consists of a CV, a 1-2 page statement of background and
interests, and (for students and postdocs) a letter of recommendation.

We will begin accepting applications for the 2010 session (July 12-21) in
early January. Applications are due on March 1, 2010 and are submitted
electronically via www.ERPinfo.org/the-erp-bootcamp.
Emily S. Kappenman
UC Davis Center for Mind and Brain
267 Cousteau Place