[Eeglablist] ICA decomposition of possibly 2 different conditions....

Ilya Adamchic dr.ilya at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 02:28:51 PST 2010

Dear All.

We have an experiment set up, when a patient should sit 2 min with eyes closed
and 2 min with eyes open and so on several times. This is a spontaneous
recording: no actions are performed in both conditions. When we perform ICA decomposition, is it reasonable to leave these 2
conditions mixed as a continuous file and let ICA decompose the continuous file. Or we need
to separate eyes closed from eyes open conditions and only then perform ICA on
the short epochs, which might be to short (2 min) for the 128 channel
decomposition.

Thank you all for your replies in advance.