[Eeglablist] Events and Epochs

Hayder Hussein hayder978 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 01:49:18 PDT 2010

Dear All,

I am confused about the events, is it right that every 1 epoch should contain 1 event? (either in the middle so the 1st part of the epoch will be the baseline and the second part will be the area of interest for the ERSP or coherence to be calculated).

Because if every epoch can contain more than 1 event so why we not make 1 epoch for every 1 event (it seems the events counting useless in this case as it is the same as the epoch count in the EEG reading).

Thank you in advance