[Eeglablist] basic question

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Mon Jun 21 07:05:31 PDT 2010

Dear Daniele,

this is correct. ICA should be run using the concatenated data from both conditions. The reason is that otherwise it is going to be harder to compare the ICA components in the two conditions or remove the ICA artifacts in the two conditions (if you run ICA on each dataset separately, someone may always argue that the difference you observe between the two conditions arises because you have selected or removed different ICA components in each condition).

Hope this helps,

Arno