[Eeglablist] Different baseline correction for different types of event?

Retzler Christopher lpxcr at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jul 2 02:25:04 PDT 2010

Hi

I'm currently re-anlayzing some data, I have been epoching using the following

EEG = pop_epoch( EEG, {  'cho+'  'cho-'  'chx '  'cig+'  'cig-'  'cix '  }, [-2  2], 'newname', 'epochs', 'epochinfo', 'yes');

[ALLEEG EEG CURRENTSET] = pop_newset(ALLEEG, EEG, 1, 'overwrite', 'on', 'gui', 'off');

% baseline correct using -200 to 0 as baseline

EEG = pop_rmbase(EEG,[-200 0]);

Is it possible to apply seperate baseline corrections to two types of events? So for 'chx' and 'cix' events I would like to baseline correct at -1800 - -1600 as these are pre-response epochs. For the other events I would like to use  -200 - 0ms as the baseline (these are post-reponse). Ideally I would like to process these events together so that I can run the rest of pre-processing on the entire data set (i.e. ICA artifact rejection etc) and not have to do it twice.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris Retzler

PhD student
School of Psychology