[Eeglablist] How can I specify nore than two a dipoles to do a dipole simulation and a custom timecourse

ludwing torres lutobu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 20:58:00 PDT 2010

Hi everyone, I'm starting to use the field trip toolbox and I've read the
example in the link below, to compute forward simulated data and apply
dipole fitting, but the example describes how to do it for two dipoles only:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/compute_forward_simulated_data_and_apply_a_dipole_fit
my question is how to do it with more than two dipoles. I've tried to aply
the same scheme for 128 dipoles
I've done this for the dipole moments part:
>> for i=1:128
moms(i,3*(i-1)+1)=1;
end
>> moms=moms';
>>cfg.dip.mom=moms;
>> for i=1:128
si(i,:)=sin(i*3*time*2*pi);
end
cfg.dip.signal={si};
and I'm getting the next error message in the dipolefitting part:
>> dip1 = dipolefitting(cfg, avg3);
the input is timelock data with 30 channels and 250 timebins
using headmodel specified in the configuration
using electrodes specified in the configuration
selected 30 channels
selected 250 topographies
Warning: not enough channels to perform a dipole fit
> In dipolefitting at 438
??? Error using ==> dipolefitting at 471
inconsistent number of dipoles in configuration