[Eeglablist] Odd looking channel spectra

Lea Lindemann lindemann at cg.cs.tu-bs.de
Fri Jul 30 01:15:23 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm new to EEGLAB and EEG and am trying to familiarize myself with the
data processing tools.

When I visualize the spectra of my EEG channels with 'Plot > Channel
spectra and maps' (default setting) the spectra look quite odd (see link
below) although the EEG itself looks normal. It is plotted with 'Plot >
Channel data (scroll)', 'Display > Remove DC offset' = on. What could be
the reason for this?

I use EEGLAB v8.0.3.5b with Matlab 7.1.b The data were acquired using
the BioSemi ActiveTwo system with 32 electrodes on the head + 4
electrodes EOG and average mastoids as reference.

EEG:
ftp://europa.cg.cs.tu-bs.de/pub/public/people/lindemann/eeg.png

Spectra:
ftp://europa.cg.cs.tu-bs.de/pub/public/people/lindemann/spectrum.png

Best regards,
Lea