[Eeglablist] high density EEG, source localization and electrode positions

Guillaume Rousselet g.rousselet at psy.gla.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 13:12:15 PDT 2010

Sara, this article and maybe more recent ones from this group might
answer your question:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15351361

Best

Guillaume

On 29 Jul 2010, at 11:27, Sara Graziadio wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> We are setting up an ERP study with high density EEG (128
> electrodes). We would like to localize sources from the ERP
> components and possibly to relate these data with fMRI activations.
> We would have MRI data of the subjects. We are now in the process of
> considering the possibility to use the Polhemus to digitalize the
> electrode positions and we found out that there are no papers (at
> least that I can find) that compare the accuracy of source
> localization with high density EEG adding the information about the
> positions of all the 128 electrodes, or of just a part of them (for
> example 30 evenly spread on the scalp and including some of the more
> external positions), or just using the standard 10-10 system
> locations. Does anybody of you have any thoughts about it? Have you
> had ever tried to compare the 3 options I have described?
> Thank you very much
>
> Best wishes
>
> Sara Graziadio, PhD
> Research Associate
> Newcastle University

Guillaume A. Rousselet, Ph.D., lecturer

School of Psychology
Institute of Neuroscience & Psychology
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (CCNi)

http://www.psy.gla.ac.uk/staff/index.php?id=GAR01

Email: g.rousselet at psy.gla.ac.uk
Fax. +44 (0)141 330 4606
Tel. +44 (0)141 330 6652
Cell +44 (0)791 779 7833

"For reasons I wish I understood, the spectacle of sync strikes a
chord in us, somewhere deep in our souls. It's a wonderful and
terrifying thing. Unlike many other phenomena, the witnessing of it
touches people at a primal level. Maybe we instinctively realize that
if we ever find the source of spontaneous order, we will have
discovered the secret of the universe."

	Steven Strogatz - Sync - 2003