[Eeglablist] EEG amplifier and alternative input

Marc maarcc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 05:10:00 PDT 2010

Hi.

This is not directly related to EEGLab. But I thought someone may be
able to give some pointers.

We're doing some experiments measuring scalp EEG of participants. One
of the variables we intend to record is the participant's voice reply.
We're wondering if it is possible to use the same EEG hardware
amplifier to record the voice reply? Have anyone tried that before?
That is, instead of connecting the electrodes to the one of the 64
channels of the amplifier, we connect a microphone to the input
channel. I assume we will be able to record as good a signal as any
audio amplifier? Is there any thing else to watch out for?

Thanks for any advise.

Marc.