[Eeglablist] EEG amplifier and alternative input

B. Motoc bogdanm at allied-bionics.com
Tue Aug 3 10:56:55 PDT 2010

Hi Marc,

It would be unusual to be able to successfully record voice over an EEG
channel (hardware and associated software). The main issue is that EEG is a
low frequency event (usually 0+ to 200 Hz) while voice is a high frequency
process (1000 to 10,000 Hz). Reducing a channel's bandwidth to under 1000 Hz
would totally compromise the capacity to transfer voice based information.
If you want to save response values (did the subject say yes or no or maybe
....) then you could find a way to encode these outcomes and shift them into
EEG frequencies and, this way, keep them with the rest.

Let me know more,
Bogdan