[Eeglablist] Which EEGLAB version should I use

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Tue Sep 7 03:10:36 PDT 2010

Some users have reported using different EEGLAB versions to perform different data processing (version 6.03b for one type of data processing and version 8.x for another type of data processing). If you are a regular EEGLAB user, it is always better to have the latest EEGLAB version (usually updated weekly). If you encounter a problem, simply submit a bug to the bug repository http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/bugzilla and it will be addressed (and fixed) usually within a week.

If you do not want to download a new zip file every week or every two weeks, simply set up your computer to access the EEGLAB repository using SVN (and then you can simply run an update on the repository). For more information see http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/How_to_download_EEGLAB

Arno

ps: backward compatibility is our foremost concern. EEGLAB version 9 can still load datasets and run history scripts generated by EEGLAB 2.1 back in 2001!