[Eeglablist] How to run AMICA

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 8 16:21:07 PDT 2010

Dear Peter,

we are working on a conplex plugin for AMICA (AMICA is a new promising ICA algorithm programmed by Jason Palmer). For running it directly in Matlab, you may simply use Jason's Matlab function

http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~jason/amica/amica.m

then run the small script below after loading a dataset into EEGLAB

[EEG.icaweights EEG.icawinv] = amica(EEG.data(:,:));
EEG.icasphere = eye(size(EEG.icaweights));
[ALLEEG EEG CURRENTSET] = eeg_store(ALLEEG, EEG, CURRENTSET);
eeglab redraw;

Arno