[Eeglablist] Activity Power Spectrum with funktion "pop_prop()"

Jobst Beatrice Beatrice.Jobst at ait.ac.at
Thu Nov 4 04:20:43 PDT 2010

Dear All,

I have a question about plotting the activity power spectrum (frequency vs. power) with the function "pop_prop()":
I have a dataset, which has already been examined with another software, and now I want to compare the results with EEGLab. My problem is, that the calculations for the Power Spectrum in EEGLab produces completely different and also unrealistic results, the function values are completely different ones.
Where could be the problem? Is it possible, that the results are wrong because I don't have the Signal Processing Toolbox for Matlab? How can I face this problem without buying the toolbox? Can there be other reasons for the problem?

Thank you for your help!!

Best regards,
Beatrice Jobst