[Eeglablist] Out of memory

Klados Manousos mklados at med.auth.gr
Wed Nov 10 23:21:23 PST 2010

Hello to all,

Both systems you menioned are running the same programes? Because one system
may run in background applications that need more memory than the other....

Try to swap your physical memory from the hard drive... With that way i
achieved to load big files in EEGLAB

2010/11/9 Benjamin Kuhr <bkuhr at uni-osnabrueck.de>

> Hi,
>
> I tried to import a large *.bdf file, 614 MB. I get the "Out of memory" -
> message, but not on all computers and for some reason it seems as it does
> not depend on the actual memory. It works on a weaker system, but not on
> the current one, which has 3.8 GiB of memory and a Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
> R7500 @ 2.93 GHz.
>
> Even on identical systems with the same hardware and same software I can
> load the file only on one of them. I tired it with Windows XP and Ubuntu
> 10 on the system mentioned above, no difference. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Benjamin Kuhr

Manousos A. Klados
PhD Candidate -- Research Assistant
Group of Applied Neurosciences
Lab of Medical Informatics
School of Medicine
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
P.O. Box 323 54124 Thessaloniki Greece
Tel: +30-2310-999332
Fax:+30-2310-999263
Website: http://lomiweb.med.auth.gr/gan/mklados

Δρώ γιατί Αντιδρώ: Δεν τυπώνω αυτό το mail γιατί προστατεύω το περιβάλλον.
Acting by Reacting: By not printing this e-mail I help protect the
environment.