[Eeglablist] How to deal with 1/f noise in

Philip Michael Zeman pzeman at alumni.uvic.ca
Sun Nov 14 16:16:51 PST 2010

Hello Gangadhar

If you have infinite time (or grad students): something for you to try:

you might also try looking at higher frequencies for this signal you search
for at the low end of the spectrum.  I'm finding that some of these low
frequencies signals are related to high-frequency signals.  It makes some
sense if you subscribe to the idea that alot of these signals are resulting
from non-linear mixing.  For example, in a study a few years back, I was
tracking theta-band activities.  In my search, I also check to see if I
could find some theta-band modulated activities in the gamma frequency band.
(Like a low frequency signal multiplied with a higher frequency carrie
wave.)  I did find statistically significant differences between conditions
this way but demodulating the signal (assuming a gamma band carrier
frequency).

Phil

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Philip Michael Zeman B.Eng, Ph.D.
Applied Brain and Vision Sciences Inc.
Brain Function Analysis for Novel Paradigms and Serious Games
Analysis of Pharmaceutical Effects on Brain Function
http://www.abvsciences.com
Latest Brain Research Result:
http://www.spatialbrain.com
Email:   pzeman at alumni.uvic.ca