[Eeglablist] Using PCA on continuous EEG data

Anne Murphy annemurphy7 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 18:19:39 PST 2010

Dear EEGLAB users,

I am a new user of EEGlab (self-taught) so please excuse me if this is an
unintelligent question.
I have 30 datasets that I have cleaned of ocular/muscle movement artifacts
and cacatenated together within a STUDY.
Each dataset is 2 minutes long of continuous EEG data that I downloaded from
EGI Net Station (not ERP data).
I also ran individual ICA's (runica) on each dataset prior to building the
study.

Within the Study, I have run the preclustering array and now have 1
parentcluster of 3841 ICs.
My next step is to run the Clustering components algorithm using Kmeans
(stat. toolbox).
When I do this, I get the error message  "X must have more rows than the
number of clusters".
It does not matter what number I enter into the "number of clusters to
compute" entry box (from 1-9999), I still get the same error message.

As I am keen to move forward to the next step of producing the PCA spectra
plots, I am a little at a loss as to what to do next?
Any help would be most appreciated!

kind regards,

Anne Murphy
B. Psych (Hons)