[Eeglablist] Re-referencing to Average Reference

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 23:53:44 PST 2012

 The polar *average reference *effect: a bias in estimating the head
surface integral in EEG
recording<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1388245799000449>
[PDF] from uni-konstanz.de<http://kops.ub.uni-konstanz.de/bitstream/handle/urn:nbn:de:bsz:352-opus-19025/Junghoefer_et_al_1999_PARE.pdf.pdf?sequence=1>
M Junghöfer, T Elbert, DM Tucker… - Clinical Neurophysiology, 1999 -
Elsevier
*...* that the voltage time series reflects the difference in electrical
potential between two *electrodes*. *...*
spatial derivative, such that current density measures with 19- or *32*-channel
recordings *...* The
question for practical EEG recording is whether an *average*
*reference* fulfils
the criterion *...*
Cited by 118<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?cites=17137298841162271237&as_sdt=2005&sciodt=0,5&hl=en>
 - Related articles<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=related:BcowrX_q0-0J:scholar.google.com/&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5>
 - Library Search <http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/315430049> - All 12
versions<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?cluster=17137298841162271237&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5>
 Spatial sampling and filtering of EEG with spline laplacians to estimate
cortical potentials <http://www.springerlink.com/index/R086736518RG8172.pdf>
[PDF] from tu-ilmenau.de<http://www.tu-ilmenau.de/fakia/fileadmin/template/startIA/bmti_neu/div/HS/neues_layout/bmt/srinivasan_BT_1996_EEG_spatial_sampling.pdf>
R Srinivasan, PL Nunez, DM Tucker… - Brain Topography, 1996 - Springer
*...* Mapping the potential field is the most typical approach in studies
of EEG topogra- phy, typically
recorded with less than *32* *electrodes*, and often confounded by the
assumption that a *...* The potential
field can be mapped with respect to the *average* *reference* (Bertrand et
al. *...*
Cited by 122<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?cites=7605044994983867216&as_sdt=2005&sciodt=0,5&hl=en>
 - Related articles<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=related:UDPgMiGMimkJ:scholar.google.com/&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5>
 - BL Direct<http://direct.bl.uk/research/2A/19/RN010705691.html?source=googlescholar>