[Eeglablist] Creating ERPs contralateral and ipsilateral to stimulus presentation

Bradley Voytek bradley.voytek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 13:13:06 PST 2012

Daniela:

I think I'm the one that wrote that message?

So let's say that you want to normalize your plots such that all
stimuli "appear" in the right visual hemifield and let's say channel
25 is over the left visual cortex and channel 62 is over the right.

When a stimulus appears in the right hemifield, you just look at
activity in channel in the contralateral visual cortex, so you look at
channel 25. But if the stimulus appears in the left visual hemifield
you want to look at channel 62.

So for all trials where stimuli appear in the left visual hemifield,
just swap channels from the left hemisphere to the right and vice
versa.

So, for example, you might say:

tempLeft = EEG.data(25, :);
tempRight = EEG.data(62, :);

EEG.data(25, :) = tempLeft;
EEG.data(62, :) = tempRight;

clear tempLeft tempRight

(note the above code was just typed from memory in this email without
checking it, but hopefully you get the idea).

::brad