[Eeglablist] Creating ERPs contralateral and ipsilateral to stimulus presentation

Javier Lopez-Calderon javlopez at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jan 30 22:16:14 PST 2012

Hi Dani,

I'm glad to tell you that ERPLAB toolbox can do the job for you. Please, have a look at the following link:

http://erpinfo.org/erplab/erplab-documentation/documentation-archive-for-previous-versions/erplab-manual/Bin_Operations.htm

ERPLAB Toolbox is a set of open source, freely available Matlab routines for analyzing ERP data, and It is tightly integrated with the EEGLAB Toolbox.

Best,

Javier

On Jan 29, 2012, at 12:55 PM, Daniela Gledhill wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am doing my PhD in Visual Neuroscience and quite recently started my EEG analysis with EEGLAB.
> In my experiment two stimuli are presented bilaterally with one of them changing it's color. I am trying to create ERPs contra- and ipsilateral to the color change, but not sure how to proceed in EEGLAB.
>
> There is only one message in the discussion list with the idea of "Swap the data, not the channels. Leave the channels alone."
> But how does it work?
> - contralateral:  data of left-hemispheric electrodes for changes on the right side and data of right-hemispheric electrodes for changes on the left side
> - ipsilateral:  data of left-hemispheric electrodes for changes on the left side and data of right hemispheric electrodes for changes on the right side
>
> It would be wonderful to get some help with that!
>
> Kind regards from Bremen,
> Dani

Javier Lopez-Calderon
Center for Mind and Brain