[Eeglablist] importing .raw data from EGI

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:22:18 PST 2012

1. Search on EEGLAB list archives to make sure your issue has not been
covered before.

2. Do a similar search with Google, for each of your problems

3. Make sure you have the full collection of various EGI channel location
files, from their
ftp server, and make sure you are using exactly the right channel
locations, as per the readme
notes in those folders.

4. Channel locations are sometimes read automatically by eeglab, but it is
best
if you load up your channel locations file correctly, using channel
locations from the eeglab menu,
after the raw file is imported.

5. If you are new to eeglab and to matlab, then you must take the time to
read and do the online tutorials, and learn some basic matlab as suggested
in the eeglab tutorial, before moving forward.

6. I have not bumped up into your memory problems before for files that
small.
I think out of memory has been discussed heavily in eeglab list, so search
for that topic there.
You can also check specifications for memory requirements and settings in
the eeglab documentation.

7. There's at least one lab at University of Arizona (search for it) that
makes heavy use
of EEGLAB. Please check for a minute if they have someone saavy who can take
an hour or two to jump-start your process.

best wishes!