[Eeglablist] baseline for response-locked ERPs

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 13:16:17 PST 2012

You can baseline in a rainbow of ways, even from erp or eeg info from other
kinds of trials, from rest periods, etc.
Imho, you should examine for yourself each of your suggestions, with your
data, and examine the differences.

Further, you should emulate data analysis choices from the published
literature which determined your tasks and questions, and to whom you will
related your findings.

In my work with finger movement, ive looked at the response erp by locking
to stimulus, and also by locking to response. I guess it most depends on
your theory of the best baseline, cognitively speaking.

Last, also check the baseline parametrization in the latest crop of ern
articles. cheers!