[Eeglablist] How can I export the mean amplitude within eeglab

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 14:04:15 PST 2012

Hi Yunzhe,

I don't have an answer to your first question because I'm not familiar with
ERPLAB.

As for getting mean amplitudes, I'm not aware of any point-and-click way to
do it within EEGLAB. I just do it using some simple MATLAB script. (For
example, if a given subject's data for one condition is loaded, that ERP is
in *mean(EEG.data,3)*, so you can get the mean from X to Y by doing
something like *average=mean(EEG.data,3);
meanamplitudeXY=mean(average(X:Y),2);* ). I usually write a MATLAB script
to do that for all subjects in all conditions and export it into Excel,
where I can organize it however I want and then paste into SPSS.

Best,
Steve Politzer-Ahles

2012/2/11 柳昀哲 <liuyunzhe2012 at gmail.com>

> Hi, I using the eeglab and erplab to analyse the EEG data which recorded
> by Brain vision  recorder system.
> There are two main peoblems that keep brother me
> 1.Is it any possible to make all ready epoched data be continuous again,
> so as I can use the erplab to create EVENTLIST, and masure the mean
> amplitude.
>
> 2.How can I export the mean amplitude within eeglab ,and import it to spss
> to process repeated-measurement ANOVAS
>
> Thank you for your kindly help
>
> your sincerely

Stephen Politzer-Ahles