[Eeglablist] needing numerical output from EEGLAB

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 18:59:23 PST 2012

most eeglab functions can have output variables.
you can see how each function works and how to make it have output
variables by looking at the EEGLAB functions list (search Google for:
"EEGLAB functions").
you will require some basic matlab knowledge to examine, investigate, and
export the output variables in a way that works for you.
try running versions of your analysis steps from the command line, and
request that the output variables be created.
You can then use the output in Matlab or attempt export to other programs.
In some or many cases, it will require a matlab script (at least a command
line version of the function in question),
but rest assured if you see values visualized, these values can be
addressed and exported.
For tutorials, you can check the EEG Script-writing tutorial online (search
Google for: "writing scripts with EEGLAB")

Also, if took time to search on the eeglab list archive, you would find the
following threads, which might be of use. Good luck!
[Eeglablist] How can I export the mean amplitude within eeglab
<http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2012/004600.html>

[Eeglablist] time/frequency wavelet data export?
<http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2006/001561.html>

[Eeglablist] Export difference waves
<http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2007/001878.html>

[Eeglablist] Saving/exporting ERPs and difference waves
<http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2007/001940.html>

When you come up with a working solution for yourself, please be sure to
take a minute to post it the list.