[Eeglablist] ICA vs. regression-based artifact correction effects on sensor level phase

Baris Demiral demiral.007 at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 21 09:12:18 PST 2012

Hi Manousos,

Thank you for pointing out the link, I am actually aware of your
paper, and I think it is a good alternative to just taking out the
artifactual ICs by visual inspection.
I have some questions though:

a) As I understand, you apply regression based correction on the
artifactual ICs by using EOG channels. How do you decide which ICs are
artifactual at the first place?

b) Are the EOGs recorded as monopolar or bipolor? I assume they are
monopolar. Does it matter?

c) Do you include EOGs in the ICA?

Overall, my question initially was theoretical, to asses how much
impact such corrections have on phase information and connectivity.

Thanks,
Baris

Ş. Barış Demiral, PhD.
Department of Psychiatry