[Eeglablist] eeg_checkset error when importing CNT

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 10:08:43 PST 2012

Hello,

I am trying to import continuous Neuroscan (.cnt) files (recorded in
32-bit, from Scan 4.3,Synamps 2 amplifier; I'm using a 64-bit Windows 7
operating system). Regardless of whether I use the GUI or the command line,
I get the following warning in MATLAB:

Warning: Integer operands are required for colon operator when used as
> > In loadcnt at 441
>   In pop_loadcnt at 126

followed by the following pop-up error message in the GUI:

eeg_checkset error: the number of frames does not divide the number of
> columns in the data.

After that, it aborts.

This is the command I'm using:

> EEG = pop_loadcnt('F:\data\raw_AR\subj001.cnt','dataformat','int32')

(or the equivalent from the GUI.)

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing the error? A year or so ago
I was actually able to import .cnt files on this computer when I was just
testing various things, but unfortunately I don't remember what I might
have been doing differently back then.

Thank you,
Steve Politzer-Ahles

--