[Eeglablist] How many clusters to chose in STUDY?

Aleksandra Vuckovic Aleksandra.Vuckovic at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Mar 1 07:52:16 PST 2012

Dear all,
I'm clustering ICAs of three groups in a  STUDY and was just wondering what would be the best indicator for how many clusters are just right (apart for experimentally testing different numbers). I've noticed that some cluster contain more than 100 components while some other 20-30 IC . Does it mean that this with 100 component is too large so I should go for larger number of clusters to separate this cluster in two, or 20-30 CI is too small number and I should reduce the total number of clusters?
Many thanks,
Aleksandra