[Eeglablist] EEG Statistical Analysis

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 09:16:06 PST 2012

Hi Kiran,

I don't know if room temperature has a direct effect on EEG (that is
something you can investigate further by doing a literature search; your
questions about how to compare different conditions and about effects of
mood on EEG are also ones that you can probably investigate further by
looking at previous literature). But if the room is at an uncomfortable
temperature for subjects you might see skin potentials in the EEG (from
increased sweating) or other changes due to differences in the subjects'
comfort level.

Best,
Steve Politzer-Ahles

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:24 PM, || Kiran Trivedi || <krtrivedi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Group
>
> I need help for the following.
>
> 1. Is it possible to see the effect of room temperature on EEG?  Does it
> really affect? How to find the difference at 30 degree C and 40 degree C of
> room temprature.
>
> 2. I want to record data of my own for neutral condition at morning at
> sunrise and at evening at sunset. I wish to record the data for a week for
> every time (1 minute). How I can compare these data of morning and evening
> for some conclusion?
>
> 3. If I think of some anger and some happy time, can I find any change in
> EEG, at which frequency and how to see that.
>
> I kindly request every expert to contribute for my questions. Please help
> me.
>
> ** I have recorded one EEG file in .edf format
>
> --
> Kiran Trivedi                                          |
> Associate Professor                                    | Ph.D. Scholar
> Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering  | RK University
> S.S.Engineering College, New Sidsar Campus             | Rajkot, Gujarat
> Gujarat Technological University (www.gtu.ac.in)       | www.rku.ac.in
> Bhavnagar-364002, Gujarat, India                       | India

Stephen Politzer-Ahles
University of Kansas
Linguistics Department
http://www.linguistics.ku.edu/