[Eeglablist] EEGlab plugins

Christian Kothe christiankothe at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 25 15:09:56 PDT 2012

Hi,

the MATLAB compiler is notoriously flaky/picky about finding all the
necessary functions. This is because by default it pulls in only the
functions that are explicitly referenced somewhere; if you have an
eval('myfunc') somewhere, myfunc won't be included. At least I am currently
not able to offer a version of BCILAB that compiles out of the box on
end-user machines (takes me usually about a day to get all the pieces
together after a few months of changes and additions -- especially mex
files, java things, auto-detected plugins, etc.). Basically, the EEGLAB
distribution has some things in place so that it compiles properly with its
default plugins (no guarantees made regarding extra plugins) and the BCILAB
distro has a few things in place to be compilable. However, the current
1.0-beta does not fully compile (coincidentally I planned to work on that
this weekend, but got sidetracked with some project-related stuff). If I
were you I wouldn't hold my breath (as we are extremely busy over here) and
instead try to get as much stuff done with the regular (non-compiled)
version of the software.

Christian