[Eeglablist] EEGlab plugins

Sarge sargez at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 23 19:53:08 PDT 2012

Hi there !
If anyone would be so kind, I’d love some feedback and recommendations...
Here’s my issues..
I’m a Neurofeedback student and I’m learning about neurofeedback. Part of my learning to diagnose proper treament depends on my ability to use EEG technology. I have a strong background in windows computing and am a PC tech, but I am almost completely new to any unix/linux applications other than their resemblance to DOS, of which I am very familiar because that’s what I learned on all those years ago in the Dos / Windows 3.1 / NT Era. I got EEGlab installed and working, no problem, but I am having great difficulty in getting all the EEGlab plugins/toolboxes to be identified by either EEGlab itself or the matlab compiler after installation. I have gone over the installation instructions repeatedly and rebuilt the eeglab but still it doesn’t see them. Is there a recommended installation method somewhere with a generalized folder setup to simplify installation or do all the custom paths have to be entered for each plugin? For instance, the installation of BCIlab calls for using the matlab control GUI to reset default path. Is there an matlab control panel in the compiler only version or does this have to be entered in a command line variable ? Would it be better to reinstall everything under a root default folder structure rather than integrate into the windows structure ? It would seem a general install under windows with the scripts to setup the path structure would be buildable like an unattended windows or a linux “version” install? I could even dual boot linux, but I’d rather avoid that if possible.
(Also, any overall recommendations on what EEG toolboxes would be most beneficial to my field of study or how I might set them up in this environment would be appreciated. would be really appreciated and welcomed.)

I have a windows 7-64bit / 3.2 ghz quad core with 4 gig of ram. (I intend on adding 4 more gig of ram.) I am using a Emotiv Epoc Research edition SDK headset. 18 sensors total.

I hope to hear back soon any feedback and ideas you may have, and thanks for reading