[Eeglablist] Find EEG signal frequency

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 14:21:47 PDT 2012

Hi Nany,

Depending on what you are interested in analyzing, you may need to first do
preprocessing of your EEG data (rejection of noisy data, epoching and
averaging); see
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Eeglab#The_EEGLAB_Tutorial_Outlinefor a list
of all the processing steps and how to do them.

To look at frequency spectra for a particular stretch of raw data, see
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_03:_Plotting_Channel_Spectra_and_Maps .
To do time-frequency analysis of ERPs, see
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_11:_Time/Frequency_decomposition .

Best,
Steve Politzer-Ahles

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:51 AM, nany _naning <nany.naning at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi EEGLAB,
>
> I am new to EEG. How can I find a frequency for each signal that I
> collect? Alpha, Beta and Theta signal.
> Can anyone explain to me how to find it from the raw data?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nany

Stephen Politzer-Ahles