[Eeglablist] Question regarding use of interpolation function

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 11:57:14 PDT 2012

Hi Melissa,

I generally interpolate using the eeg_interp() command, so I'm not familiar
with the GUI version. To use it from the command line, just load up your
data and make sure it's the active dataset, then at the command line type:

EEG = eeg_interp( EEG, [channels] )

where [channels] is a list of one or more bad channel numbers to
interpolate.
Then, save the dataset again.

Best,
Steve Politzer-Ahles

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Tsuboyama, Melissa <
mtsuboyama at urmc.rochester.edu> wrote:

>    Hello,
>
> I am very new at using eeglab.m. I have been having difficulty
> interpolating the data from each of my datasets (being performed one
> dataset at a time) for the bad channel I have removed.  I have already
> performed low and high pass filters (not simultaneously), removed large
> artifacts and ran ICA twice (with the second time being after rejecting
> some data but not removing components).
>
> I have been trying to use the "Interpolate electrodes" automated function
> from the "Tools" menu.  I loaded the original EEG data file and removed
> VEOG and HEOG and put in appropriate channel locations.  This was my
> second, reference dataset.  When prompted, I click on "Use list of other
> dataset" which then prompts me to enter "dataset index".  I am not sure to
> what this is referring.  Is this the bad channel (using the second dataset
> as the reference) that I would like to be interpolated around/for?  What is
> the format I need to use to input the dataset index?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Melissa

Stephen Politzer-Ahles
University of Kansas