[Eeglablist] Crop EEG segments in command line

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 03:26:12 PDT 2012

Hi Carlos,

Do you mean to trim long epochs into shorter epochs? (For example, if you
have epochs that are 2000 ms long and you want them to be 1500 ms long?) If
that is what you're wanting to do, you can do it from the command line
using:

EEG = pop_epoch( EEG, {  }, [epochbegin epochend], 'newname', EEG.setname,
'epochinfo', 'yes');

where [epochbegin] and [epochend] are the latencies of the beginning and
end of the epoch, respectively, with respect to the time-locking event. (I
think pop_selectevent() also works, in more or less the same way; it also
gives you the option of doing this only to certain conditions.)

Best,
Steve Politzer-Ahles

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Carlos Mugruza <cmugruza at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Dear EEGLAB users,
>
> I would like to know if there is any function to crop EEG files or maybe
> with eegplot or pop_eegplot.  I mean given a segment with latencies to
> reject.
>
> With EEG.srate, I understand it can be done few steps: to crop EEG.data
> and to identify EEG.urevents and EEG.events updating every latency and to
> reject events in the structure.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Carlos.
> Carlos A. Mugruza  Vassallo