[Eeglablist] EEGLab command

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:23:52 PDT 2012

Hi Nancy,

What is the format of your EEG data?

For some formats, you may need to import channel locations from an external
file that has the channel labels and locations specified (see
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/A03:_Importing_Channel_Locations and
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Channel_Location_Files ), using the readlocs()
command. For other formats, the channel locations may come with the data
when you first import the data into EEGLAB.

Once you have the channel locations defined, you can plot the channel
locations by opening the EEGLAB interface, selecting Edit > Channel
Locations, and clicking "Plot 2-D". Or, you can type "help topoplot" at the
command line, and near the end of the documentation there is a sample of
some code for plotting channel locations.

I'm less familiar with the commands for plotting the channel with its
activity spectrum (
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_03:_Plotting_Channel_Spectra_and_Maps),
but maybe someone else on the list can help.

Best,
Steve Politzer-Ahles

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 12:02 AM, nany _naning <nany.naning at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Im having problem regarding the EEGlab command. I have try hundred time to
> plot the channels locations of my 8 channels eeg. But it always come out
> with 1 eeg channel. I also want to plot the scalp location of a selected
> channel and its activity spectrum by click on Channel properties.but, the
> screen mention 'cannot process dataset without channel location
> information.Enter the filename via "Edit>Edit dataset info".For file
> format, enter'>>help readlocs' from the command line.'
>
> ~can someone help me by explaining what happen actually. I know that I may
> have made a mistakes from the beginning.But I just dont know where is it
> actually. TQ :(
>
> Regards,
> Nany

Stephen Politzer-Ahles