[Eeglablist] question regarding epochs extracting

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 04:38:42 PDT 2012

Ida,

To examine event-related potentials you need an event to time-lock the EEG
to; in your case it sounds like what you need is events that indicate the
participant's response (events that are added to the data when the
participant presses a button or does something like that). Without those
events indicating when exactly participants made responses, as far as I
know there is no way to examine event-related potentials based on when they
were performing the task. Some other less timing-precise measures may be
possible, but that's not my area of expertise and I'm not sure how to do
it; I think to be of more help I would need to know what specifically you
are intending to measure.

Best,
Steve Politzer-Ahles

--