[Eeglablist] about selecting AMVAR model order

Hui-bin Jia 420247417 at qq.com
Mon Apr 23 06:55:59 PDT 2012

Hi  everyone,

    In these days, I’m trying to do effective connectivity using the datasets included in the EEGLAB tutorial (e.g. the animal categorization task).

   When I was processing these datasets, I used SIFT. Unfortunately, in order to make sure most of the windows pass the ACF test, I had to use a very large model order (e.g. more than 70). But even the model was that high, very few windows passed the portmanteau tests ( e.g. 1 out of 108 windows can pass these test).

   The parameter preferences were the same as the parameter preferences in the SIFT manual.

   The value of Option “EpochTimeRange” was [-1 1.25], the value of Option “ Normalization method” was “ensemble” and “time”, the value of Option “Select MVAR Algorithm” was “ Vieira-Morf ”, the value of Option “Window length(sec)” was “0.4”, and the value of Option “Step Size(sec)” was “0.01”.

   I have tried my best to conquer this problem. But my efforts were useless. So I sincerely hope that I can get some suggestions from you. Thank you!

Yours, Hui-bin Jia