[Eeglablist] (no subject)

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 00:54:14 PDT 2012

Greetings Jacob,

a few quick thoughts below that may be of use in helping you make your
decision.

using ICA for cleaning out blinks should probably done on each
recording session in your sample, not just half of it
so that your data is processed in a similar manner (decomposed with ICA,
blink ICs removed, and the IC data backprojected to EEG).

I think it would be hard to defend the equivalence of the results from each
of the
differently processed datasets, or the validity of merging them.
Alternatively, if you could assure that exactly the same steps (but without
blink IC removal)
are done to all datasets for pre-processing and analyses, you might find a
defendable
way to follow your first intuition that you mentioned.

Please also try a search on the eeglab list archives on similar topics,
where you should find some past related discussions.

also, eeglab plugin using Gratton's regression based procedure
http://pinguin.ds.mpg.de/~ihrke/wiki/index.php/Ocular_Correction_EEGlab_Plugin
see also for possibly useful tools in your case;
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/EEGLAB_Plugins

Cheers!