[Eeglablist] Automated way of placing events

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Sat May 5 18:38:55 PDT 2012

Hi Marco,

I haven't tried this myself, but you should be able to get any of these
epochs from the same event using pop_epoch. Assuming that you have an event
marking the beginning of the block, then the first epoch you want (i.e.
10-12 seconds after the event) would be

OUTEEG = pop_epoch( EEG, {events}, [10 12]);

the second would be

OUTEEG = pop_epoch( EEG, {events}, [12 14]);

etc.

Best,
Steve

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Marco Montalto <montaltomarco at onvol.net>wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> In my experiment I have three conditions and each trial is 30 seconds
> long. I ignore the first and last 10 seconds of each block and the middle
> 10-second block I divide into epochs of 2-second duration. Currently I am
> doing this manually through the EEGLAB GUI by placing an event (with the
> same 'type' for blocks from the same condition) at every two seconds (in
> the middle 10-second block) and then extracting epochs around those events.
> Would anyone know whether there is a more automated and a faster way of
> doing this? Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Marco Montalto

Stephen Politzer-Ahles