[Eeglablist] Calculation of each frequency band's power density?

Chen, Meixuan mc155 at hw.ac.uk
Thu May 10 08:37:25 PDT 2012

Hi, I have a question on how to calculate the power spectrum density of each frequency band, such as Alpha band frequency from 8-13Hz? I use EEGLab to plot the whole power spectrum on each channel with no problem, but when I want to look at the activity of each frenqucy band at different channels and under different conditions by comparing their power density, I don't know how to calculate the frequency band power on EEGLab, which is the whole frequency range power instead the power of certain frequency like 10Hz. From reviewing other people's works, I guess that I may need to integrate in the frequency band's power on Matlab. I am not very good at Matlab, still haven't solved out how to do it.  Could anyone please give me some advice?

Many thanks.

Regards

Michelle Chen
Heriot-Watt University
Tel +44(0)1896 892268
mc155 at hw.ac.uk <mailto:mc155 at hw.ac.uk>

--
Heriot-Watt University is the Sunday Times
Scottish University of the Year 2011-2012

registered under charity number SC000278.