[Eeglablist] Calculation of each frequency band's power density?

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Wed May 16 22:30:18 PDT 2012

This might be of use to you.
Check the output variables when running spectopo,
you should be able to tell which output variable (in your Matlab workspace)
holds the spectral values. You should then
be able to take the average of a set of columns or rows
that contain your data of interest.
For basic questions about matlab,
ask Google questions such as "Take average of a row of numbers MATLAB" ,
etc....
which will take you directly to Mathworks and other tutorials.
Basically any question you have, you can find some initial answer,
especially for basic work such as averaging a set of numbers.

http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/allfunctions/spectopo.html

*SPECTOPO*Plot the mean log spectrum of a set of data epochs at all
channels as a bundle of traces. At specified frequencies, plot the relative
topographic distribution of power. If available, uses pwelch() from the
Matlab signal processing toolbox, else the EEGLAB
spec<http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/allfunctions/spectopo.html> function.
Plots the mean spectrum for all of the supplied data, not just the
pre-stimulus baseline.
*Usage:*>> spectopo(data, frames, srate);
>> [spectra,freqs,speccomp,contrib,specstd] = spectopo(data, frames, srate,
'key1','val1', 'key2','val2' ...);