[Eeglablist] Importing Channels

Pedro C peter007_1987 at msn.com
Wed May 16 14:43:22 PDT 2012

Hi eeglablist,
I'm trying to import data from EDF / EDF+ files, but although the montage being used is recording signals from 74 channels (including ECG and EOG channels and EEGMarkers) the data includes the 107 channels that the equipment allows. I have been trying to remove the channels that I don't use, but unsuccessfully until now.
I've tried to use the indexes of the channels I want in the appropriate field of the menu of the import data from EDF files, but it delivers the following error message:
"EEGLAB error in function biosig2eeglab() at line 87:
Index exceeds matrix dimensions.
...."
I have discovered that this happens if I jump one index, for example if I use 1 2 3 5 this error would occur, but if I use 1 2 3 4 5 only the first five channels are imported.
Does anyone knows why this is happening?
I have also tried to delete channels in the menu Edit -> Channel Locations, but it doesn't allow me to do so:
"The number of data channels not including fiducials does not correspond to the initial number of channels, so for consistency purposes new channel information will be ignored...."
Can anyone help me out? I really need to exclude the channels that I don't use.
Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Pedro Custódio