[Eeglablist] Running AMICA

Tom Campbell tom_campbell75 at hotmail.com
Mon May 21 07:46:23 PDT 2012

Hi There are a lot of developments in the recent distribution to accommodate amica. Maybe these links are useful, where you can get amica12:
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~jason/amica_web.htmlhttp://sccn.ucsd.edu/~jason/amica12/loadmodout12.m I found AMICA can run ok in dos that you can call from matlab and read in the output with loadmodout12.m. Depending on your hardware, I think this could be more time efficient than running amica in matlab as dos requires less of the user for parallel computation. The Delorme et al (2012) Plos article shows how AMICA outpeforms many other algorithms in many respects. However, I found it seemed Infomax could process files that AMICA could not. Regarding this as a vast unknown, and probably something wrong with the operator, I had to concede the old ways are the best for me for the timebeing. Best,Tom.Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 16:48:22 +0100