[Eeglablist] Question about importing Neuroscan .dat file to .CNT file

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Tue May 22 06:46:00 PDT 2012

Hi Fengji,

If I understand correctly, this is not an EEGLAB-related problem but I may
be able to offer some advice. Importing behavioral data from .dat into
Neuroscan is done using the "Merge task data" transform in Neuroscan EDIT,
but this program is very picky about the format of the .dat file. In
particular, it seems to require that the .dat file is space-delimited, not
tab-delimited, like the following:

 Trial      Resp     Type     Correct      Latency  -----      ----
 ----
-------      -------  1      Button2     1     1      1959.64  2      0
5     0      0  3      Button2     3     1      882.55  4      0     5
    0
0
(notice that the characters in between the columns are spaces rather than
tabs.)

I'm not sure if this is the issue that's causing you to get an error, but
we've had similar problems in the past and this is what we had to do.

Best,
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles
University of Kansas